Monday, August 25, 2008

TREATING ACNE

With such a busy life, one hardly gets time to take care of oneself and its only one day in a week probably, if you are employed full time (or in certain cases 2 days the most), to actually sit back at home and catch up on some extra sleep hours. I can’t say for everyone, but that’s how it’s for me atleast. Together with rest and relaxation, what is actually very important is to take care of ourselves.

I stay in a hostel and as usual for any holiday, I was busy with washing and cleaning and such stuffs, when someone knocked my door. Actually these were my friends staying next door. I was like ‘hey, I am not interested in chit chatting right now, I mean early morning, I have lots of work to be finished before noon (it was around 9 am and for me this was still early morning). We can talk later perhaps in the afternoon or in evening.’ But they were here not for chatting, but to ask if I had soframycin ointment and can lend it. One of my friend had a presentation on Tuesday and she was like ‘ see dear, I got this big pimple on my forehead, it came from no where and now its simply not going and its paining too, what should I do? Someone told me this ointment works so I thought to ask if someone has it.’ I looked up and yes this one was really quite big. Fortunately I was having the ointment and I gave her and she went happily. Again in the evening she came to return the ointment as she had bought one for herself. While going she asked me how was I able to maintain such a clear skin? She said she has tried everything and nothing actually works for her as these pimples and acne keep coming again and again. I gave her some tips and ideas to try out and see the difference.

Acne as such does not interfere with your normal life; the only thing is that it makes your face as well the other infected areas look bad and sometimes really ugly. It causes lot of embarrassment and makes you feel low and over conscious of your appearance. When I was fighting with this disease I was like, why, why only with me? Why not the girl sitting next to me in bus? Why doesn’t everyone suffer from this? I had questions and questions but no answers. I felt simply horrible going out and meeting people, because the fist thing anyone sees when he/she looks at you is your face. All I can say, I really suffered a lot, more so mentally and emotionally. But at last I solved this acne problem, and I thought it would be great to share my discovery with you. I was sitting all alone when I suddenly thought why not write some of the tips and methods I followed, for all you people out there, who are suffering from acne and need some quick remedy. So I decided and here are some of the tips to get rid of acne and maintain clear skin.

1. Drink lots and lots of water (atleast 8-12 glasses of water). But I wouldn't recommend you going overboard because drinking too much water will also flush out electrolyte minerals out of your system (which is not good). Drink only enough to see that your urine is mostly clear, which is probably much more than what you're drinking now. Cut down on soft drinks and caffeine and instead drink water or fruit juice in its place. This will help you flush off the toxins from your body
2. See that you are not constipated. Have a fiber rich diet, a diet that is rich in fresh fruits and vegetables. Acne occurs when your body contains more toxics than your kidneys and bowels can remove.
3. Have good eating habits. What I mean is just eat healthy, avoid junk foods, oily and spicy stuffs and try having a well balanced diet.
4. If you have acne and pimples, DON’T EVER TRY SQUEEZING IT. Pricking and squeezing pimples leads to scarring as well as the spread of infection. Let them dry on their own, they’ll go in a couple of days leaving your skin marks free.
5. If you have oily skin with lots of pimples and acne, apply mud paste (multani mitti). You can also try applying no marks face pack. Believe me it actually helps. Alternatively, you can try the following method, I personally have not tried this but some people claim it actually works wonders for their skin. All you need is nutmeg and milk.
Grind nutmeg with unboiled milk and apply on affected area. This remedy is supposed to works as magic making pimples to disappear without leaving a mark.
I have found 2 very useful sites which provide valuable information to treat acne quickly,perhaps you may like to have a look. To visit these sites you can simply click on the link below:
Site #1 Click Here!
Site #2 Click Here!

No comments: